Building Back Better
In November, the U.S. House of Representatives passed the Build Back Better Act. It is a landmark piece of legislation that, among other things, will bring down costs for us and our families — costs like childcare, eldercare, education, utilities and prescription drugs.
Now, it’s time for the Senate to step up and pass the Build Back Better Act before the end of the year so women can start 2022 with the support they need to provide for themselves and their families.
Never forget your voice and your vote are powerful — especially when we come together as the supermajority voting bloc that we are. The Senate works for us, the voters, and it is critical that your senators hear from YOU so that we can realize the Majority Rules.
Here's what the Build Back Better Act will do:
- Bring down the cost of child care significantly, ensuring no working or middle class family has to pay more than 7 percent of their income on child care;
- Provide universal pre-k for kids age three and up to get parents — particularly moms — back to work;
- Make medical and home health care more affordable;
- Extend the child tax credit; and
- Perhaps most promising, the House bill will ensure four weeks of paid family leave.