This contest is now closed.
Supermajority Bus Tour Finale Contest Official Rules
Important: Please read these Official Rules before entering this online promotion (the “Promotion”). By participating in the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT, OR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION.
- Eligibility. PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. PROMOTION VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. PROMOTION OPEN ONLY TO INDIVIDUALS RESIDING IN ANY OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES, THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA OR ANY U.S. TERRITORY OR POSSESSION (THE “TERRITORY”), WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD (OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY UNDER APPLICABLE LAW) AS OF SEPTEMBER 16, 2019. IF YOU DO NOT MEET ALL OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN THE PRIZE, AND SUPERMAJORITY (“SPONSOR”) RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD THE PRIZE TO YOU. To be eligible to win the prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the format designated below. Directors, officers and employees of Sponsor, New Venture Fund and 1630 Fund and any of their projects (including Supermajority Education Fund and the project, Supermajority) and any of their respective subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, consultants, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, and their respective spouses), and persons living in the same household (whether related or not), of each are not eligible to win the prize. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- Disclaimer. Sponsor, New Venture Fund and 1630 Fund and any of their related affiliates, directors, officers, consultants, professional advisors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Promotion disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
- Promotion Period. The Promotion starts at 12:00 noon Eastern Time on September 16, 2019 and ends at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on September 22, 2019 (the “Promotion Period”). Supermajority’s computers will serve as the official time keeping device. All entries must be received during the Promotion Period to be eligible to win the prize.
- Prize. One (1) winner and one (1) guest will receive the following prize package (the “Trip”):
- Round-trip coach-class airplane tickets for the winner and one guest from the major airport closest to the winner’s address within the Territory to Las Vegas, Nevada (“Destination”), including ground transportation to and from the airport at the Destination;
- One (1) night’s accommodations for winner and winner’s guest at a hotel to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion; and
- Attendance at Supermajority’s finale bus tour event in Las Vegas on October 2, 2019, venue to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Approximate retail value of the entire Trip package: $2,000
Sponsor will choose, in its sole discretion, the airline, hotel, flight dates, flight times, departure city and airport and other Trip logistics and details. Dates of travel are subject to availability. If the winner’s address is within 100 miles of the Destination, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, provide ground transportation to the Trip hotel or event in lieu of an airplane ticket. Except as expressly set forth in the description of the Trip above, winner and his or her guest are responsible for ground transportation to and from the airports and hotel, all meals and all other expenses that such winner and his or her guest incur in connection with the Trip. Sponsor will also determine, in its sole discretion, the date, location, attendees, and all other relevant details of the Trip.
- Odds; Taxes; Etc. Odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF THE PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF WINNER. The prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternative winner if (a) the winner affidavit and release materials (see Sections 10 and 11 below) are not returned as required from the potential winner and his or her guest, (b) if two (2) attempts to contact the potential winner by phone and/or e-mail are not successful, (c) the potential winner is not able to travel to any event included as part of the prize on the date Sponsor determines to hold such event, or if (d) any prize is otherwise not claimed. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of the prize will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for the prize. Limit one prize. The prize is awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
- Identity of Entrant. In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
- How to Enter. Participants may enter as follows: (a) Free Online Entry Method: To enter via the free online entry method, visit here or other web page specifically identified by Sponsor and complete and submit the online entry form during the Promotion Period. (b) Contribution Method: After entering via the Free Online Entry Method, we are asking for a donation of any amount to Supermajority. To enter by contributing money to Supermajority, complete and submit the contribution form here or other web page specifically identified by Sponsor during the Promotion Period. No minimum contribution is necessary to enter. Entering via the contribution method described in this paragraph will not increase your chances of winning the prize. Contributions may be spent on any activities of Sponsor as it determines in its sole discretion.
- Promotion Rules. Five (5) potential winners will be selected by a random drawing from all eligible entries to be held by September 23, 2019. Sponsor may, at its option, conduct a background check on each potential winner. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any potential winner from receiving the prize based on such background check if Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that awarding the prize to such potential winner could result in a safety or security risk to any person or persons or could result in the disruption of any event associated with the Promotion. Sponsor will, in its sole discretion, then select one (1) winner from the list of eligible potential winners on the basis of criteria determined and applied by Sponsor to provide for an appropriate range of views, backgrounds, and interests. The winners will be notified by phone or e-mail by September 25, 2019. To claim the prize, the winner should follow the instructions and comply with the conditions contained in his or her notification. The winner must then identify a potential guest to Sponsor, and Sponsor may, at its option, conduct the same background check and process applicable to potential winners. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any potential guest in its sole discretion. In the event that not enough potential winners respond to Sponsor’s attempts to contact them or are otherwise disqualified such that Sponsor is unable to award the prize, Sponsor may select additional potential winners by random drawing from remaining eligible entries.
- General Release. By entering the Promotion, you release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use the prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
- Use of Winner Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Promotion constitutes permission to use winner’s name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded the prize, except where prohibited by law, winner and guest may be required to execute a consent to the use of his or her name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation.
- Affidavit & Release. As a condition of being awarded the prize, winner and guest may be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Official Rules and release of liability, and any other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- Winner List; Rules Request. For a copy of the winner list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope before October 31, 2020 to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: “Supermajority Bus Tour Finale Contest Winner List.” To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, visit here or send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: “Supermajority Bus Tour Finale Contest Rules Request.” Residents of Vermont may omit return postage.
- Miscellaneous. The Promotion and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the District of Columbia without regard to its or any other jurisdiction’s choice of law provisions. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Promotion or any entrant’s participation in the Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Promotion, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Promotion. Each participant acknowledges that he or she has read, understands and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules. By submitting an entry, you warrant that your entry complies with these Official Rules. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Promotion, please e-mail them to email@example.com or send written questions to the address listed below, Attn: “Supermajority Bus Tour Finale Contest Questions.”
- Sponsor: Supermajority, P.O. Box 1014, New York, NY 10272