Important: Please read these Official Rules before entering this online
promotion (the “Promotion”). By participating in the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT, OR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION.
1. Eligibility. A PURCHASE, PAYMENT, OR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. PROMOTION OPEN ONLY TO INDIVIDUALS RESIDING IN ANY OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES, THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, OR ANY U.S. TERRITORY OR POSSESSION (THE “TERRITORY”), WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD (OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY UNDER APPLICABLE LAW) AS OF APRIL 29, 2022. IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN THE PRIZE, AND SUPERMAJORITY (“SPONSOR”) RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD THE PRIZE TO YOU. To be eligible to win the prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the format designated below. Directors, officers, and employees of Sponsor, New Venture Fund, and 1630 Fund, and any of their respective subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, consultants, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate family members (spouse, parent, step-parent, child, step-child, sibling, step-sibling, and their respective spouses), and persons living in the same household (whether related or not), of each are not eligible to win the prize. All applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
2. Disclaimer. Sponsor, New Venture Fund, and 1630 Fund, and any of their related affiliates, directors, officers, consultants, professional advisors, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled, distorted, or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Promotion disruptions, injuries, losses, or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
3. Promotion Period. The Promotion starts at 12:00 midnight Eastern Daylight Time on April 29, 2022, and ends at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time on May 7, 2022 (the “Promotion Period”). Supermajority’s computers will serve as the official time keeping device. All entries must be received during the Promotion Period to be eligible to win the prize.
4. Prize. One (1) winner and one (1) guest will receive the following prize package (the “Trip”):
Round-trip coach-class airplane tickets for the winner and one guest from the major airport closest to the winner’s address within the Territory to an airport that serves New York, New York (the “Destination”), including ground transportation to and from the airport at the Destination;
One (1) night’s accommodations for winner and winner’s guest at a hotel to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion; and
Tickets to attend the Broadway show POTUS: Or, Behind Every Great Dumbass are Seven Women Trying to Keep Him Alive, at the Shubert Theatre, located at 225 West 44th Street, New York, NY, on a date to be determined between June 1, 2022, and August 14, 2022.
Approximate retail value of the entire Trip package: $2,500.
Sponsor will choose, in its sole discretion, the airline, hotel, flight dates, flight times, departure city, airport, tickets to the show, and other Trip logistics and details. Dates of travel are subject to availability. If winner’s address is within 100 miles of the Destination, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, provide ground transportation to the Destination in lieu of an airplane ticket. Except as expressly set forth in the description of the Trip above, winner and their guest are responsible for ground transportation to and from the airports and hotel, all meals, and all other expenses that such winner and guest incur in connection with the Trip. Sponsor will also determine, in its sole discretion, the date, location, and all other relevant details of the Trip.
5. Odds; Taxes; Etc. Odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF THE PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. The prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternative winner if (a) the winner affidavit and release materials (see Sections 10 and 11 below) are not returned as required from the potential winner and guest, (b) if two (2) attempts to contact the potential winner by phone, e-mail, and/or Instagram direct message are not successful, (c) the potential winner is not able to travel to the Destination on the date Sponsor determines for the Trip, or if (d) the prize is otherwise not claimed. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of the prize will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for the prize. Limit one prize. The prize is awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
6. Identity of Entrant. In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry, or of the Instagram account used. The authorized account holder of an e-mail address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The authorized account holder of an Instagram account is the natural person who is assigned to an Instagram account.
7. How to Enter. Eligible participants may enter as follows:
(a) Membership Entry. Sign up to become a member of Supermajority or reaffirm your membership by completing the form here.
(b) Donation Entry. Donate any amount of money to Supermajority here. Contributions may be spent on any activities of Sponsor as it determines in its sole discretion.
(c) Instagram Entry. Tag at least three (3) friends in a comment to Supermajority’s May 2, 2022 Instagram post about this Promotion, which will be made available here on May 2.
In lieu of the above options (a), (b), and (c), eligible participants can enter the Promotion by submitting their email address here, which information will be used by Sponsor only for the purpose of administering this Promotion and/or notifying you if you are a potential winner.
All entries must be submitted during the Promotion Period to be eligible to win the prize. Becoming a member, reaffirming your membership, making a donation, and/or tagging friends in a comment to Sponsor’s Instagram post will not increase your chances of winning the prize. Each eligible individual may enter the Promotion up to three (3) times, one entry per entry method, except that those opting to enter the Promotion by submitting only their email address may use that method up to three (3) times.
For All Entry Methods: Failure to submit all required information in the manner required in these Official Rules and/or any entry or contribution form may result in disqualification. Proof of contribution or online entry will not be deemed to be proof of receipt of entry by Sponsor. All entrants and entries are subject to verification by Sponsor. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned.
8. Promotion Rules. One (1) potential winner will be selected by a random drawing from all eligible entries to be held on or about May 10, 2022. Sponsor may, at its option, conduct a background check on the potential winner. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the potential winner from receiving the prize based on the background check if Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that awarding the prize to the potential winner could result in a safety or security risk to any person or persons or could result in the disruption of any event associated with the Promotion. If the potential winner is disqualified, Sponsor will conduct additional random drawings until a potential winner is not disqualified. The winner will be notified by phone, e-mail, and/or Instagram direct message within two (2) business days of determining that the potential winner is not disqualified, but no later than May 17, 2022. To claim the prize, the winner should follow the instructions and comply with the conditions contained in their notification. The winner must then identify a potential guest to Sponsor, and Sponsor may, at its option, conduct the same background check and process applicable to the potential winner. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any potential guest in its sole discretion. In the event that the potential winner does not respond to Sponsor’s attempts to contact them or is otherwise disqualified such that Sponsor is unable to award the prize, Sponsor may select an additional potential winner by random drawing from remaining eligible entries.
9. General Release. By entering the Promotion, you release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use the prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses, and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty, or other theory.
10. Use of Winner Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Promotion constitutes permission to use winner’s name, hometown, likeness, and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded the prize, except where prohibited by law, winner and guest may be required to execute a consent to the use of their name, hometown, likeness, and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation.
11. Affidavit & Release. As a condition of being awarded the prize, winner and guest may be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Official Rules and release of liability, and any other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
12. Winner List; Rules Request. For a copy of the winner list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope before December 31, 2022, to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: “Supermajority Anniversary Contest Winner List.” To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, visit here or send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: “Supermajority Anniversary Contest Rules Request.” Residents of Vermont may omit return postage.
13. Miscellaneous. The Promotion and these Official Rules will be governed, construed, and interpreted under the laws of the District of Columbia without regard to its or any other jurisdiction’s choice of law provisions. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Promotion or any entrant’s participation in the Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security, or proper play of the Promotion, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule, or regulation in connection with participation in the Promotion, tamper with the operation of the Promotion, or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion, or any other entrant (in each case, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Promotion. Each participant acknowledges that they have read, understand, and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. By submitting an entry, you warrant that your entry complies with these Official Rules. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Promotion, please e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org or send written questions to the address listed below, Attn: “Supermajority Anniversary Contest Questions.”
14. Sponsor: Supermajority, P.O. Box 1014, New York, NY 10272.