for immediate release:
Supermajority to Kick Off National Voting Campaign “Supercharge: Women All In” on September 26th to Mobilize Millions of Women
Plan to Engage Women Launches Today in Several States Where Women are Suffering
Newly announced powerhouse speakers including Vice Presidential Candidate Senator Kamala Harris, Gloria Steinem, Dolores Huerta, Jane Fonda, Retta, Ashley Judd, Amy Schumer, Samantha Bee, Sasheer Zamata, Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Senator Bernie Sanders, Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, Senator Ed Markey, Fatima Goss Graves, Tina Tchen, as well as Valerie Jarrett will join Hillary Rodham Clinton, Senator Elizabeth Warren, Eva Longoria, and Ashley Blaine Featherson to headline the kick-off for a large-scale voter mobilization campaign.
Partner organizations of Supercharge: Women All In include Planned Parenthood Federal PAC, National Education Association, American Federation of Teachers, Service Employees International Union, TIME’S UP Now, Women’s March, She Se Puede, Black Voters Matter, Latino Victory Fund, Asian American Advocacy Fund, For Our Future, and more.
New York, N.Y., — Today, Supermajority, a women’s equality organization made up of women of all backgrounds, races, and ages, is announcing an impressive lineup for “Supercharge: Women All In” — a massive woman-to-woman voter mobilization campaign to run through Election Day. Supermajority is proud to dedicate this event to the memory of Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg and the legacy she left for all of us to keep fighting for a more equitable America. Sept. 26th virtual kick off event will include some of the most inspiring women in politics and entertainment, musical performances, engaging discussions on the “What Women Want 2020” priorities, and celebrity and activist voices encouraging everyone to make a plan to vote. “Supercharge: Women All In” will live-stream on Supercharge2020.com and across Supermajority’s Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube accounts at 2PM ET/11AM PT.
Supermajority is announcing new speakers, including: Vice Presidential Candidate Senator Kamala Harris, Gloria Steinem, Dolores Huerta, Jane Fonda, Ashley Judd, Retta, Amy Schumer, Sasheer Zamata, Samantha Bee, Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Senator Bernie Sanders, Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, Senator Ed Markey, Valerie Jarrett, Tina Tchen, as well as Fatima Goss Graves who will join previously announced participants including Hillary Rodham Clinton, Senator Elizabeth Warren, Eva Longoria, and others. The event will also include musical performances from The Resistance Revival Chorus, Madison McFerrin, the Tiarra Girls, a body movement session with Jessamyn Stanley, live art, a DJ set, dance party breaks and a special virtual “yelling room” where participants are encouraged to scream out their emotions in a safe space.
The kick-off event will be hosted by Ashley Blaine Featherson, Ashley Judd, and Sasheer Zamata, with various program elements.
There will be panels:
- ¡Adelante! The Power of the Latinx Vote featuring Eva Longoria, Dolores Huerta, Paola Ramos, and Jess Morales Rocketto (moderator)
- Protecting Our Planet: Climate Change and Environmental Justice featuring Jane Fonda, U.S. Senator Ed Markey, and Lisa P. Jackson
- Lighting the Way: Activism Across Generations featuring Gloria Steinem, Tokata Iron Eyes, Kendall Easley, Rayaan Ahmed, and Amani Al-Khatahtbeh (moderator)
- Unapologetically Progressive and Black: Pushing the Movement Forward featuring Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley, Congressional Candidate (NY-16) Jamaal Bowman, Congressional Candidate (MO-01) Cori Bush, and Raquel Willis (moderator)
- Women at Work: A Conversation on Economic Justice featuring U.S. Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, Congresswoman Katie Porter, Virginia Senator Jennifer McClellan, María Teresa Kumar, and Fatima Goss Graves (moderator)
- Women Do it Better: Voting for What Matters featuring Congresswoman Sylvia Garcia, Virginia Delegate Jennifer Carroll Foy, LaTosha Brown, Rebecca Cokley, and Crystal Echo Hawk
Conversations or remarks by:
- Vice Presidential Candidate Senator Kamala Harris
- Hillary Rodham Clinton
- Senator Bernie Sanders
- Cecile Richards and Speaker Nancy Pelosi
- Ai-jen Poo and Senator Elizabeth Warren
- Congresswoman Sharice Davids
- Congresswoman Veronica Escobar
Special programming like:
- Make a Voting Plan with Retta, Tala Ashe, Desi Lydic, Monique Moses, and Amy Schumer (helping her dad make a voting plan)
- Musical performances by Rita Brent, The Resistance Revival Chorus, The Tiarra Girls, Madison McFerrin, and DJ Bembona
- Body Movement session with founder of The Underbelly Yoga, author, and advocate Jessamyn Stanley
- Indigenous land acknowledgement by Ty Defoe
- Digital live scribing by Lauren YS
And appearances by:
- Supermajority co-founders: Cecile Richards, Alicia Garza, Ai-jen Poo, Deirdre Schifeling, Jess Morales Rocketto, and Katherine Grainger
- Activist Mari Copeny, Little Miss Flint
- Maria Town, disability rights advocate
- Mary Kay Henry, International President of the Service Employees International Union
- Randi Weingarten, President of the American Federation of Teachers
- Alexis McGill Johnson, President of Planned Parenthood Action Fund
- Becky Pringle, President of the National Education Association
- Samantha Bee, Comedian
- Stephanie Shriock, President of EMILY’s List
- Tina Tchen, President and CEO of *TIME’S UP Now
- Nathalie Rayes, President and CEO of Latino Victory
- Vanita Gupta, President and CEO of the Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights
- Valerie Jarrett, Senior Advisor to President Barack Obama
**Organization affiliations listed above for identification purposes only.
“Supermajority knows that women are the majority of Americans and majority of voters, and this election season, women are fired up. Supercharge is a day to celebrate women and the work we are doing to change this country for good,” Supermajority co-founder Cecile Richards said. “Women have been on the frontlines of this pandemic – as health care workers, moms, caregivers, teachers – and we need a government that takes our health and our families well being seriously. We welcome everyone who cares about the future to join with us – to laugh together, learn together, and then get to work – to run the largest possible woman-to woman-voter turnout program, and make history.”
Between now and Election day, Supermajority members and volunteers will be trained and activated to send 4.5 million text messages, make at least 250,000 phone calls, write 50,000 letters, and utilize the powerful tactic of relational organizing to speak to people they know about voting. The Supercharge campaign is focused on educating and mobilizing two million women to vote, particularly young women and women of color, and swing women voters in key states (Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Arizona).
Please visit supercharge2020.com for more information on all the events, participants, to be the first to reserve your free spot at “Supercharge: Women All In.”
Supermajority is a women’s equality organization made up of women of all backgrounds, races, and ages who are coming together to build a voting bloc committed to creating a future where we are all truly equal. Supermajority is dedicated to building women’s collective political power by providing the information, training, and resources needed to take meaningful action at the local, state, and national levels.